Saturday, February 27, 2010

Did I really hear it, or did I dream it?

Did I hear a rumor that for 2011, NASCAR's thinking of swapping Atlanta's March date with the Infineon date in June? That would put 3 western races in a a row and maybe save money for the teams. I tried to search for the article, but I couldn't find a thing about it.

What do you think? We don't have the most predictable weather in March, so we can be like Kristen was last week -- freezing in the rain. I kinda like the Sonoma weather in June.

On the other hand, the countryside will be green and truly beautiful. March fits in that tiny window when California isn't brown. They call it "the golden state," but get real -- it's brown. If you've never been to CA in the winter months, you oughtta because it looks totally different.

The hotel prices might be lower too in March, that is if they don't jack 'em up for race weekend.

What would Nationwide do that weekend? Would they race here on Saturday? Race somewhere else? Or have a by week?

Hmmmm, a March race at Infineon . . . your thoughts?

9 comments:

  1. I would love to see this green California you speak of.

    Since they are both SMI tracks, I wonder if this is Bruton's idea to improve Atlanta ticket sales. It usually rains at Atlanta in March, just like it does everywhere else.

    The teams are already using two haulers apiece to carry Cali and LV cars out west after Daytona. A road race would require another hauler for those cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope not. I love watching the road races in the summer. But then again, I would watch the road races anytime. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon out, Hanny! The poppies are in bloom.
    A good point about the cars. Maybe NASCAR better rethink that one. It also might not be a good idea to leave the crew guys on their own for a week in wine country.

    SmokeFan, I'm with you. I wouldn't mind seeing Infineon in the chase. We'll take Atlanta's Labor Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to see unpredictable exciting racing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Photo, sounds good to me. And one where JJ doesn't win! That's a rarity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadnt heard this one Ragan...I would vote no, because I can only afford to take so much time off at a time and would be forced to pick between them and only go to one.

    Also the guys from Penske already stayed in Vegas all week after 2 weeks in Daytona they were home exactly 3 days in the past 5 weeks. Not fair to them. Would take extra hauler to come out again between Vegas and Sonoma.

    Would rather see Sonoma paired up with PHX sometime late April...but then again I would have to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I know I heard it somewhere, I didn't just make it up.

    BTW, the guys from Penske would never make it on a rock tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ragan,

    Interesting Idea. I don't know if it would work or not. I would like to see a Western Swing, but it would require similar cars.

    I agree the Penske guys would not make it on a rock tour - lightweights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ANNETTE!!! Hey there!

    Western Swing, is that like the Tush Push or the Boot Scoot?!

    Are you coming over in June again? We need to hang out! Had a blast with you last year!

    ReplyDelete

Speak!