Tell me, why is it, that whenever I go to a concert, no matter who I see, or where I sit, I always get stuck in front of the talkers? Never freakin' fails! I went to see Toad the Wet Sprocket (LOVE the Toad!!) and the people behind me decided to yak all through the whole show. I did not pay $xx (pronounced "x amount of dollars") to listen to your mouth running! Go to the bar or go to the bathroom if you're gonna talk!!!. . . And I hate to say this, but . . . most of the time it seems to be the women. Sometimes it's the double date and the ladies are yammerin' on because they're just not that into it. Sometimes it's "girls' nite out" and they have to get caught up because they haven't seen each other in like, y' know, 4-EVER! Either way, meet for dinner beforehand and get it out of your system before you sit your @sses down in your reserved concert seats!!!
In front of me was a tall guy. But that was OK because he was just blocking my view of the guitarist (no offense, Todd,) and I could lean. Needless to say, by the last few songs, when everyone stood up, I did not hesitate to stand on the arms of my seat and block the girlies' view.
BTW, see the shirt I bought? Cool, huh?



You hit the nail on the head! It's like that when I've gone to movies in the past. I've seen teenyboppers bump their gums all throughout the movie, particularly if it's a good one that I like. That's a pet peeve of mine! Another pet peeve is *talking on the cell phone during the movie*.
ReplyDeleteCool shirt, BTW!
I hate when that happens! I'll take the chicks talking during a concert over kids screaming in a restaurant any day, though.
ReplyDeleteHow tall was the "tall" guy....5'-6"? LOL
It never fails any where. Wait till you sit behind a tall guy that weighs over 400 lbs. that just finished eating what ever and has gas the whole event. I need oxygen please..
ReplyDeleteBeing just 5 ft tall, it always seems that I get behind the tall one. My husband usually gets the talkers. And this is why I stay home and no longer go to concerts. Just not worth the aggravation.
ReplyDeleteJon, THANK YOU! I knew I couldn't be the only one. Cell phones at concerts/movies are annoying too.
ReplyDeleteHanny, SHUDDUP! ;)
ReplyDeleteHi TSFan! My friends have come to know that I don't put up with being stuck behind MrTallGuy. We'll separate because I'll move forward or sideways till I can see. I'm getting too old for gen'l admission, but I've seen many-a-show from the front row, and have come back with the bruises to prove it.
ReplyDeletePhoto! I've got a really disgusting story about gas! I used to work as an audio engineer in live theater. My sound booth was located beneath the lighting booth. I had a follow-spot operator who had the taco salad for lunch and when the moment hit him, he stuck his butt out the window of the booth and let 'er rip! You could practically see the green cloud coming down, and the next thing I knew, I was surrounded by that nasty gas. I was gagging and I couldn't leave to get away from it. I'm sure the audience members probably thought it was me!
ReplyDeleteThis is why we need scanners for movies, concerts and anywhere else you are surrounded by annoying people....
ReplyDeleteLOL girl, Hanny nailed you!!!!
Et tu Kristen?
ReplyDeleteI need a scanner @ work!
Went to a Rush concert last summer at the Nissan near Man as ass Virginia and the only dingle berry's standing up in the whole place was right in front of us.
ReplyDeleteSomeon else asked them to sit down and they were like yeahyuhhh ....
Oh and Ragan is was YOU !!!!!! not being green ....
Yeah, it WAS me! That's what you get for talkin' when I'm trying to enjoy my Geddy! ;)
ReplyDeleteMost often it is assigned seating and no way to move. GRRRRR. Oh and if not yapping they are popping gum or some other wonderful mouth noises.
ReplyDeleteTsfan "JUST 5 ft" no my dear we are ALL OF 5 ft tall
I often tell my tall friends I can stand on a step stool much longer than you can stoop over so who wins?
YeeMum & Kristen said thats all you had to eat at Sonoma was taco salads, so don't go blamming the spot operator,, If you smelt it you delt it.LMAO. Now if you had and gone and eat a few taco salads before the concert you could have shut them girls up real fast or better yet moved them.lol
ReplyDeleteCheers2You
Hey Yee, reserved seats never stopped me from moving.
ReplyDeleteWelcome F2, you can't believe a word they say. It weren't me.
ReplyDeleteMy pet peeve is people talking on the cellphone IN THE PUBLIC BATHROOM. I'm less concerned about someone going to the bathroom at home while on the cellphone (at least it is down to just 2 people).
ReplyDeleteI don't like people who talk during a concert either.
Eeeww. If you gotta go that bad, call me back please.
ReplyDelete